3 posts tagged Nars
Ladies + Gentleman: allow me to introduce you to one of the most fabulous experience I have yet to have: my whirlwind weekend trip to NYC for the Justin Timberlake + Jay-Z Legends of the Summer Concert.
This has been the summer of concerts for me: Mumford and Sons, Beyonce, and finally JT + Jay-Z. I feel like the luckiest girl, and am just so thankful for all the fun memories this summer! (Also due to the amount of life altering concerts I have been to this summer my voice has been in a constant state of hoarseness! It’s ok…I’ll somehow manage to survive).
Because the concert was in NYC, and I knew it was going to be 95 degrees I had to dress wisely. No heels for me this time a: it was too hot and b: we took subways and walked, and my feet had NO time for that!
Justin Timberlake was a dream, and Jay-Z is just a straight up baller. I mean it was such a dichotomy to see them play together, and weave their songs in and out of one other.
As much as I adore Jay-Z, I must say JT really owned this show! He has such huge stage presence. What a performer!
I. Love. Him.
Now…onto the wardrobe.
This weekend I debuted my brand new Giving Keys Necklace. This brand is rad! Go check them out friends! #fashionforacause
Here’s an iPhone pic of my friend Joy and I as we were on our way to meet up some friends for drinks before the show:)
It can’t be a concert post if I don’t post a video from the show. JT melted my heart with Pusher Love Girl. NOTE: the camera is super shakey because I’m dancing throughout the entire video. #sorryimnotsorry
Vest: Old (similar)
Necklace: The Giving Keys
High Tops: Nordstroms
Watch: Michael Kors
Yesterday I was running around like a mad woman, and brought my make-up bag with me in the car because I thought I was going to have ALL of this time before my meeting to put on my make-up.
The only problem with my plan was EVERYTHING. I was sort of running late, which I hate, so I had to just go to the basics with my make-up.
Literally in less than 7 minutes I went from make-up-less H O T M E S S to a bit more refined (pun definitely intended).
Honestly, I’m not that girl that spends forever getting ready. I’m all about the quickest most efficient way to get out the door.
Here are my go-to products, and yes some are a bit more pricey. I am a woman on a budget, however, I do believe make-up is worth the investment because you’re putting it on your face every single day! You don’t want to skimp out #aintnobodygottimeforthat.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Mercier: this makes my skin feel smooth, and almost acts like a primer and makes my skin more even.
- Make-up Forever Concealer: I’m insecure about puffy under eyes, and literally have tried EVERYTHING…this is hands down my favorite under eye concealer.
- Nars Illuminator: I recently got turned onto this by my make-up artist Rachel. I’m obsessed; you put it on the corner of your eyes, t-zone, and a dot on your chin, and BAM. You look glowy + fresh all day. Seriously. Obsessed with this stuff.
- Laura Mercier Powder Foundation: it’s lightweight, and I don’t even feel like I have foundation on. (Remeber me…Kat…the tomboy…I don’t want to feel like I have make-up on).
- Stilla Bronzer “sun”: I’m a southern gal, and have been using bronzer for like 20 years. I love feeling golden and fresh!
- Naked Palette 2: I use this everyday whether it’s day wear or a black smoky eye at night. This palette is full of neutral tones and shimmery pinks and golds. Also, I use the bronzy brown as my eye liner. I just wet the tip of my eyeliner brush and dab it in the shadow then viola: perfect eyeliner. It’s like killing 13 birds with one stone.
- Cover Girl Lash Blast in Very Black: NOT Waterproof. Waterproof makes me feel like my eyelashes are going to yank out. I have used expensive mascara, but always come back this product. I apply two coats up top, one on bottom.
Bam. 7 minutes later and I’m ready to go.
Try it out ladies!
Tomorrow morning bright and early Em and I are heading to NYC for New York Fashion Week. We are so excited to run around the city, meet some new blogger friends, photograph some runway shows, and let’s be real…we cannot wait to eat our way through NYC!
Before we leave, we wanted to leave you with our top 11 NYC travel essentials. Don’t leave home without these ladies…
1. The Dooney & Burke “Happy Bag” is small, lightweight, timeless, and our perfect travel companion.
2 + 3. Nars LipStick in “Dragon Girl” w Too Faced Lip Primer. Whether going to NYC or to the drugstore or to a 12-hour shoot these puppies come with me everywhere I go. Literally one application lasts me an entire day through meals, drinks, everything. Definite ESSENTIALS ladies.
4. Lush “No Drought” Dry Shampoo. There are so many out there. I was a Baby Powder girl my self, until enough of my girlfriends sang Lush’s praises; it’s the best in my opinion.
5. Travel Perfume. My go to is Aqua di Go for Women: $20 from Sephora: It’s super affordable, mine has lasted for over a year; it’s light and fresh, and trust me you’ll want this after walking the city all day before breezing into drinks with friends.
…which leads us into…
6 + 7. The MetroCard + Hand Sanitizer: Some people are cab people some people are Subway people. I try at all costs (pun intended) to take the subway. People it’s like 3,000x cheaper and part of the NYC experience. Obvi you need Hand Sani whether you cab or Sub it. Let’s be real, we love NYC, but it is dur-tay.
8. RayBan Aviators. A Staple. Need I say more?
9. A Sewing Kit. I keep these in all my different bags. I cannot tell you how many random times at shoots or out with friends that someone has needed a needle and thread. By no means do I sew, but I can do a quick-fix.
10. Mini MoleSkin Journals. My dad told me that the most successful people in the world keep idea journals with them all the time. Their goal is to write down several new ideas each day. You may not have that game-changing idea in the first year, but 5 years down the road it may come. I always keep my idea/dream journal with me + easily accessible. You never know when inspiration will hit!
11. Business Cards. (Thanks Mink Cards for our lovely new cards!). You’re meeting people ALL the time when you’re out. Always have a business card on you! There’s nothing worse than someone saying ‘Oh I’ll just get in touch with you’. Oh no no no…you be ready to build relationships. Have those biz cards on hands, and YOU send the follow-up email!
Stay tuned for more on our trip to NYC…
Kat + Em